Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." So begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an expanded edition of the beloved Jane Austen novel featuring all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem. Complete with romance, heartbreak, swordfights, cannibalism, and thousands of rotting corpses, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies transforms a masterpiece of world literature into something you'd actually want to read.

$17.95 at Chapters, Coles and HMV. According to Ms Rockett, it's 25% off at HMV so try there first. Not sure about Costco... if anyone knows, post it here.

Have the book read for the November 9th meeting!

5 comments:

  1. I was up to Costco today, and it wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this book so far!! Best line and I quote...

    "When Elizabeth stood, she saw Mrs. Long struggle to free herself as two female dreadfuls bit into her head, cracking her skull like a walnut, and sending a shower of dark blood spouting as high as the chandeliers."

    I think I might be more excited about this book than any other. Who knew that zombies would make such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. She's a sickie but I too am reading it, almost skipping the romance parts, in order to get the Bennett sisters killing sprees. It even has PICTURES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I've been dying to read Pride and Prejudice for evaaa and a day, and now this lot is skipping the romance...Can I just read the classic? Jokesjokes. I can't wait to pick it up, honestly!

    ReplyDelete